Center for Community Research and Engagement
The Center for Community Research and Engagement aims to promote community-based projects through collaborative research, critical analysis, high impact classes, and public outreach in order to explore societal inequities and advance social change.
The primary objectives of the Center are:
- Augment capacity of community-based organizations to accomplish their goals by providing research and service-learning support;
- Develop opportunities for student involvement in community-based research and action to enhance learning;
- Provide an outlet for the publication and dissemination of the findings of community-based research and the outcomes of community engagement;
- Create and sustain a network of scholars who are actively engaged in community-based projects;
- Foster an environment for innovative thinking on solutions to community challenges;
- Facilitate workshops, colloquia, and conferences to support exchanges and collaborations
related to community research and engagement.