Center for Community Research and Engagement
The Center for Community Research and Engagement aims to promote community-based projects through collaborative research, critical analysis, high impact classes, and public outreach in order to explore societal inequities and advance social change.
The primary objectives of the Center are:
- Create and sustain a network of scholars who are actively engaged in community-based projects;
- Foster an environment for innovative thinking on solutions to community challenges;
- Develop opportunities for student involvement in community-based research and action projects to enhance learning;
- Provide an outlet for the publication and dissemination of the findings of community-based research and the outcomes of community engagement;
- Facilitate workshops, colloquia, and conferences to support exchanges and collaborations
related to community research and engagement.
Engaged Sociology in the University and Community
Monday, December 7, 2020 at 2pm
Learn more about this event